How to Convert RAW to NTFS on Windows without Data Loss
If your hard drive or devices’ storage becomes to RAW, your Windows computer can’t recognize it. All the data and files you have on it will not be available to read and check on your computer. Many reasons may result in RAW, including HDD error, virus infection, system structure damage, etc. If you just meet this case, don’t worry, this article will solve all the problems for you. You won’t lose any important data on your hard drive and convert RAW to NTFS on your computer running Windows 7, 8 and 10.
There are two ways to do that.
This way of converting RAW to NTFS without data loss will use Data Recovery program to backup all the data in your RAW drive and then format it to convert RAW to NTFS. Data Recovery program can scan your RAW drive and then find all the data on it, including deleted data. You can then backup any of them to your computer.
1. Install and run this Data Recovery program. Select all the file types on the list and select the drive which you want to convert from RAW to NTFS. Click “Scan” button.
2. This program will do a quick scan for you for the first time. You need to do a deep scan to find more data on it. After scanning, you can easily find all the data on it.
3. Select all the data you want to keep on this RAW drive and backup all of them to your computer.
Now you can easily right-click the RAW drive you want to format. Select “Format” on the menu. Set the file system as “NTFS” and click “Start”. After the format, you successfully convert RAW to NTFS without data loss. You can easily copy all the data you just backed up to this drive.
If you don’t want to format your hard drive, you can also use cmd command to convert RAW drive to NTFS easily.
1. You need to “Run as administrator” and open the commend prompt window
2. Type “Diskpart” and press “Enter”
3. Type “G: /FS :NTFS” and press “Enter”. G is the drive letter of your RAW disk.
Now the RAW drive will be changed to NTFS easily for you without formatting.