PST Recovery - Recover and Repair Deleted/Lost PST Files on PC
If you are using Outlook as your Email tool, you have to know PST file. It stands for Personal Storage Table, which is a data storage file for Microsoft Outlook. It contains personal information, email folders, contacts, addresses and other important data for Outlook. PST file is saved on your local computer. If the file is deleted, lost or damaged, you can’t use your Outlook properly. In this article, I will show you how to get back deleted and lost PST files on computer and how to repair the damaged PST files for your Outlook.
Talking about recovering deleted and lost files on computer, the best tool you can use is Data Recovery. It can scan your computer deeply and find the deleted and lost Outlook data for you. You can free download, install and run it on your computer to begin the recovering.
Step 1. Scan Computer to Find Deleted Outlook PST Files
After running this recovery program, you need to select the data types you want to get back. Check “Email” and select a hard drive which you used to save the PST file. Click “Scan” button, this program will begin a quick scan to find the deleted PST file for you. You need to do a deep scan on your hard drive in order to find all the PST information on your computer.
Step 2. Recover PST Files on PC
After scanning, this program will list all the files and data it find on your computer. You can find the deleted and lost PST files easily with the help of the data menu on the left side. Select all the PST files you want to get back and click “Recover” button on it. This program will recover PST files to your computer as soon as possible.
Inbox Repair Tool can do this job perfectly. It is a part of the Outlook program. This tool is pre-installed with Microsoft Outlook together and you can use it to repair the damaged archive.pst file easily.
1. Make a copy of the PST file you want to repair
2. Close Outlook program
3. Go to one of the following location according to the version of your Outlook
- For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office1
4. Click on “SCANPST”
5. Click “Browse” button to select the Outlook PST files you want to scan and then click “Start” button.
6. A new Window will pop up. You need to check the “Make backup of scanned file before repairing” option. Click “Repair” button to repair the damaged PST file.
7. Run Outlook program on your computer and everything will be OK now.